Location: 27 Stewart Avenue, Blacktown, NSW, Australia. Contact us to enroll or Click BOOK NOW
Time: 10:00AM-4:00PM on Saturday and Sunday. Please check the date before you enrol.
“This course is recommended for designers, students and hobbyists who want to transform their ideas into something tangible”
Fees: $ 250/student (Includes 10 pcs of 10cm x 10cm 2 layer PCB that you can sell or keep for personal use.
Eagle PCB design course description: 2 layer 10cmx 10cm max. size PCB
Have you ever wondered how Arduino clone, any sensor or modules are made ? Almost 90% of Arduino based products are designed on Eagle PCB design software.
This course teaches you how to design schematics and 2 layer circuit boards using Eagle PCB design software. You will also learn how to design the boards according to manufacturer’s specification. During the course, you will make your own circuit board and order it from China (cost is included in the course).
Benefits of this course:
1. You can start your own kits business- build something and sell it online on platforms like Ebay, Etsy or your own website.
2. Make 2- layer circuit boards for your College/University projects.
3. Make prototypes to approach and get funding on kickstarter.com- apply for crowdfunding.
4. Transform your creative thinking to something real and tangible.
What is Eagle ?
EAGLE PCB Design Software is the tool of choice for thousands of engineers worldwide. With 3 modules and a common interface, EAGLE offers a variety of product combinations and allows every user to choose the configuration that meets their individual requirements. People have been using Eagle PCB design software for more than 25 years. It is very popular in the Arduino community. Arduino engineers prefer Eagle.
Why Eagle ?
1. Popular: Most of the kits making companies like Adafruit and Sparkfun, Makezine, Makershed and many others (including BuildCircuit) design their kits and modules using Eagle PCB design software. Adafruit and Sparkfun have huge libraries of components for Arduino. You can literally find ALL the components to design almost ANYTHING.
2. Rich Libraries: Eagle consists libraries for any components that you can think of. You can also make your own components and add in the library.
3. Free open source design files: You can get plenty of free open source design files on Sparkfun.com and other kits stores. You can modify those files and make your own kits and sell them.
4. Choice of PCB making companies: Many PCB manufacturing companies prefer Eagle Cad files.
5. Freeware version: Freeware version is enough for building basic electronics kits and Arduino shields.
6. Choice of Arduino team: If you build something useful and want to share with the Arduino community, the Arduino team would expect your design files in Eagle.
- Introduction to Eagle Cad
- How to make a schematic on EagleCad.
- How to design a 2 layer circuit board from a schematic
- How to understand and modify a schematic taken from Sparkfun or any other website.
- How to make an Arduino shield
- How to make a 2 layer PCB
- Make gerber file and order the design in China.
1. Design own usable and commercial circuit board using Eagle PCB design software.
2. Use the components libraries. For example, the libraries of Sparkfun and Adafruit.
3. Modify the open source schematics.
4. Know how to make Gerber files and order PCBs from Australia or China.
5. Build your own unique Arduino or any other PCB. The design made during the course will be sent for manufacture. Students will get the boards after 15-20 days. NOTE: You need to verify the schematic/circuit design yourself. We can check if the circuit board layout is correct.
6. Get a process checklist so that you avoid errors on your PCB design.
7. Links to online resources to continue PCB design.
8. Knowledge of other alternatives for designing PCB.
Who can join the course ?
1. Anyone who has knows either the basics of Electronics or Arduino
2. Anyone who knows breadboarding, understands schematics and about electronic components.
What you need to bring ?
2. Mouse- We essentially need this. We cannot design without a proper mouse.
3. A schematic that you would like to design using Eagle.
NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule the course due to unforeseen circumstances. If the course is cancelled, we will refund 100% to participants.
The venue of the training is subject to changes due to class size and availability of the classroom.
The minimal class size to start a class is 2 students.
These are some of the PCBs designed by the instructor of this course: